Hi guys! It’s been about a week since I had my lashes done at Hush Lash Studio. And I have to say, I am loving them! If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen how I documented the whole day on my stories. Anyhow, my make-up routine is fairly simple, except for when I’m doing on camera work or shooting for my blog. I add foundation to my moisturizer, a bit of concealer under my eyes and then finish off with strip lashes.Yup, lashes even on my off-duty days because so far, no mascara has cut it for me. And I just think eyelash extensions make your eyes look brighter and more awake but also give you a little oomph…even on a natural no make-up day. Plus, it’s one less step in the morning
Type of lashes:
At Hush Lash Studio, there are 5 different shapes you can choose from – Signature, Natural, Cat Eye, Fusion and Dramatic. I decided to go with a classic shape but with added length and volume because why not?! Go big or go home, right?! To achieve that added volume look, my lash artist Ania applied multiple ultra-fine lashes on one natural lash instead of the classic/ standard method that’s a one-on-one technique. Nothing wrong with the classic method but I just prefer the added drama 🙂
Do’s and Don’ts Of Eyelash Extensions:
There are a few important steps you need to take to ensure the life of your lash extensions.
- Prior to your appointment remove all makeup, lotions, creams, oils and dirt from around your eyes. Easy peasy!
- Avoid wearing contacts so bring your glasses.
- Don’t curl your lashes the day of.
- So avoid getting them wet, no heat or steam.
- Don’t apply cosmetics or skin care products to your lashes or lids.
It takes 24-48 hours for the lash glue to create a strong, durable bond to your natural lash.
Maintenance Of Eyelash Extensions:
Yes, there is a bit of maintenance to them but it’s totally worth it. However, if you are the type that just likes to wash and go, then lash extensions aren’t for you.
- Don’t use oil based products like cream, serums and cleansers near your eyes.
- Use oil free makeup removers and lint free wipes.
- Do not use mascara or curl your lashes. Trust me, you won’t need to.
- Avoid sleeping on your face or scrunching it into a pillow. If you can, use a silk or satin pillowcase because a cotton pillowcase can cause the lashes to get caught.
- Make sure to brush through your lashes after you wash your face with a clean mascara wand. This keeps them clean and they won’t get tangled or stuck together.
- Avoid rubbing and tugging on the lashes, this will only make your lashes fall out sooner.
Now, even though lash extensions can last anywhere from 4-6 weeks when properly cared for, I will be going for a mini fill in the next week or so to maintain a nice full look. And I’ll give you an update. But so far, I’m sold! These are the lashes I was meant to be born with! Lol
Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you have a great week!